|pain||a feeling in your body when you’re not feeling well or when you have been hurt|
|ache||a feeling of continuous pain|
|ill||not feeling well, diseased|
|sick||physically or mentally ill (for example: wanting to vomit)|
|sore||a painful feeling because of an infection or because of on overused muscle|
|injury||harm done to the body|
|heal||to become healthy|
|cure||a medicine or treatment|
|diagnose||something the doctor does to define what the illness or the cause of it is|
|constipation - trouble going to bathroom|
What will a doctor ask you (to do)?
- Where’s the pain?
- For how long have you been feeling ill?
- Have you been injured?
- Can I have a look?
- Take your clothes off. I’ll examine you.
- Let me take your pulse, please. (pulse = heart rate)
- Let me sound your back, take a deep breath.
- You must stay in bed and take this medicine three times a day, after meals.
- Come back soon if you don’t feel better.